Here is a place where I will share my thoughts, scrapbook projects, and photos with those I care about most! Thanks for coming over for a visit and stop back often!!!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Pumpkin Carver, I am NOT!!!

I have never carved a pumpkin before and I never thought that it would be as hard as it was!!! I went out and bought the book of patterns because I was going to have a cute little cat and Collin wanted to do a ghost. Yes, in the books there were different levels, but let's face it, these were level 1's so I was positive that I could do it!!! I even scoffed when Collin picked up the electronic saw blade for carving thinking "No way I am paying $8 for that thing...I can do it with a steak knife!!!"....WRONG!!!! That is why they sell those silly little tools...cause you need them!!!

So after about an hour and I only had the tail cut for my cat, I abandoned that thought! Poor Collin, I didn't even let him attempt his ghost....he went straight for the traditional triangular eyes/nose and the tooth crazy mouth. I soon followed right after him!

Luckily for us though we were with great friends! Brandie, Bob, Morgan, Collin and I had a great time laughing and gagging over pumpkin guts!!! Brandie made us a wonderful fall meal of pork chops, mash potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing....can you say YUMMY!

We did manage to roast the seeds which turned out pretty good as well! Here are some pictures of our adventures! Can't wait to scrapbook them!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - girlie, you have NEVER carved a pumpkin?!?!?!?!!? Such a sheltered life you have led! lol -- jk At least you tried... Collin has to appreciate that!

becca said...

cant believe you havent carved a pumpkin! LOL, glad you had fun though! i love roasting and eating the seeds! yum!

Tricia said...

what lovely family photos of the pumpkins. Really great and I think the carving is awesome!!!!

Sue said...

Great pumpkins...wasn't it a mess?? But something you've gotta do at least once. I think they look super :)

My name is Samantha said...

What you NEVER carved a pumpkin!!!!
Even I have done that!! Great job, looks like they had fun!! I tried roasting the seeds one year for DH, YUCK!!

Anonymous said...

You always give me a chuckle with your comments! :)

I should introduce you to my daughter. One of her major's in college was art. Every October her friends get together and decorate a pumpkin and she always wins FIRST!

Never give up, there's always next year to carve another pumpkin! :)

Tina said...

LOL, you have never carved a pumpkin?! You are too cute!!! I love your pumpkin pictures!!!