Here is a place where I will share my thoughts, scrapbook projects, and photos with those I care about most! Thanks for coming over for a visit and stop back often!!!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Seems like we are busy....

but not really much going on! Does that even make sense? I can't believe that in less than two weeks we will be having Thanksgiving!!! I must admit that this is my favorite holiday! I love to get together with family and then well, the food is always a plus as well! I feel so fortunate that my family is close by and that we can be together!

This past Friday we had a surprise party for my brother-in-law as he just got back from Iraq. I am so glad that he came back safe and sound and I thank everyone who is over there serving our country AND their families! They are making a huge sacrifice for our freedom and our country!

So the first nine weeks of school has ended and Collin did very well! He made the High Honor Roll and received an award for his Christian Outlook. We are very proud of him!!!! I feel lucky that he really enjoys school! He has also decided to play basketball for the school team. The first week he had conditioning in which they basically run for two hours! I thought he would die and want to quit, but he said it was hard, but necessary....what a kid! I was tired just watching them!!!!

Collin had fun on Halloween. This was the first year that we let him be something scary and he got to go Trick or' Treating with two of his buddies! I have tried to steer him away from the scary/gory costumes, but this year we let him make his own decisions....man was it hard! Without even talking about it, he and his friends basically looked the same! Made me laugh! Guess for these pictures I will have to find some gory paper to use to scrapbook them!

Well, that is about all for now! I hope everyone has a great week...and have fun getting ready for Thanksgiving!!!!

Here are a couple of pictures of Collin on Halloween.....warning they may scare you..LOL!


6 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow those are creepy costumes!!!!

My name is Samantha said...

They look Cool!!! He is growing up mom!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great boy you have!! Doing so well in school and playing B.B. soon. They do grow up fast!

Last Thursday we baby sit for our granddaughters and I was delighted to be able to take some good photos of them out playing in the leaves! :)

When we left mommy was taking the girls for Gabby's parent/teacher conference. Gabby was so thrilled that she was doing very good and they were going to go to McD's for dinner. But they never got there, as Gabby was running to the car after the conference, she fell and fractured her left arm! OUCH! :( I must call and check on her this evening. The girls are super good!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Yikes what costumes!!! Wow...

Lynda

Sheila said...

The terrible trio!!! Very Scary!!

congrats on the great grades and glad to hear his attitude to sports!

Kelly said...

Have a great Turkey day my friend.