Here is a place where I will share my thoughts, scrapbook projects, and photos with those I care about most! Thanks for coming over for a visit and stop back often!!!

Monday, November 26, 2007

We had a GREAT LONG WEEKEND HERE...

What a wonderful long weekend! We only had to work a 1/2 day on Wednesday and then had Thursday-Sunday off from work!!!! Not too long ago I worked retail, and I would have been working my little tail off this past weekend!!! So, I think that makes me relish the long weekend even more! Not that we did anything super exciting, we just spent time together and that was perfect!


We did catch a movie over the weekend...we saw the new Bee Movie. It was very cute and a great movie for the whole family. It managed to keep Collin's and our interest! Of course movie popcorn and milk duds always help!!

We had a wonderful time with my parents on Thanksgiving and let me tell you the food was spectacular!!! Definitely good food and wonderful conversation! Collin was lucky enough to get to go home with Nana and Papa. They had big plans that included: setting up the new train for Christmas, attending to the horses/barn cats and dogs, and visiting the animal shelter that my mom volunteers at. Needless to say there was not a dull moment in their visit and Collin loves going out there!!!

My dad gave me an extra hard drive that he did not need anymore and on the drive were hundreds of photos!!! I was so excited to get home and start pouring over them! I think I have already used up a cartridge of ink printing pictures out! Love the older pictures of myself and family and I can't wait to scrap them! It will be nice to use feminine colors, flowers, and some bling in my layouts!!!!! In fact I did a layout over the weekend....see below! Yes, this is me at age 3!!!! Love that look!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful week....have you started your Holiday shopping yet???

9 comments:

Tricia said...

that is so cool that your dad knew how to upload the old photos onto the computer. I happen to have all of my photos and my sister's, however, I think there really are only about 5 of me.....boo hoo...and they are on old fashioned paper!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Love the layout...so fun to get old photos...especially ones that you like!!!

Lynda

Sheila said...

Love the layout too!!! I love the old photos. I started scrapping them for the black and white challenge and I need to finish a couple more....I'm hanging them in my Art/scrap room.

Becky said...

I don't see that pout much at all...you are ALWAYS smiling Val!!! I think your new job and having more time to spend with your family has even BRIGHTENED that smile. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!!!

Becky

becca said...

so glad you had a nice weekend!! i am curious what restaurant you went to... do you guys always go to the same one? great page as always!

My name is Samantha said...

I love the layout, you are too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!
What an amazing layout of your as a little girl!!! My new favorite of yours!!! I miss you sweet friend!

Sue said...

CUTE layout .... and that pout is even cuter!! I agree with Becky, you are always smiling :)

GO BLUE........... :)

Anonymous said...

Val - you are so cute, still have many of the same features, the cute ones! I miss our scrapbook times but appreciate that you are making memories with your family. What a blessed holiday! Cindi R.