Here is a place where I will share my thoughts, scrapbook projects, and photos with those I care about most! Thanks for coming over for a visit and stop back often!!!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

The week before Thanksgiving...

I can't believe that next Thursday is Thanksgiving! Time has been flying by at warp speed! Don't worry, I do realize that I say something similar to this on every post! I know that I need to just accept that time flies!


This week brought some very sad news of the passing of someone that I admired as a strong, caring, family oriented, and very friendly woman. With her passing, I am reminded of my friends and how very important they are to me! I am truly blessed in my life to have friends that I can call on in times of need and in times of joy! So here is a huge "thank you" to all of my friends from the bottom of my heart! I love you all and am so proud that I can call you my friend!!!!

We are not busy at our house getting ready for Thanksgiving as we celebrate this holiday with my family. We all get dressed up and go out to a fancy dinner where we are wined and dined for hours and have great conversation. I absolutely love it!!!! After we are done, we usually stop over the in-laws house to say a quick "hello", and then off to watch some football and relax together as a family of three. It has taken our family a while to figure out what 'fits' for this holiday between the two families, but since we have been doing this for the last couple of years, I simply LOVE it!

I was very fortunate this week/weekend to get some scrappin' done! I completed two layouts for the Design Team that I am on over at Paper Popsicle . You should go over there and check it out! If you scroll down on the home page, you will see two of my layouts!!!! Very exciting! I also did a few layouts for the album I am doing for my mom and all of her animals. I am happy to report that I am almost done with the album!!! Only a few more pages to complete...which I hope to do today while watching the Colts play! When I finish it, I will post it!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week and I also hope that you know how truly THANKFUL I am for each of you in my life!

Here are the two layouts that I finished....sorry the scan makes the colors look so weird! Maybe Santa will bring me a 12 x 12 scanner for Christmas??!!??

10 comments:

My name is Samantha said...

Great entry Val, I agree this past week has made me realize what wonderful friends and family I have. I am truly blessed!!

Anonymous said...

Val, your layouts are so precious! Your son is a neat guy!

I totally agree with you, friendship with you and many others as well as our wonderful family are priceless! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, layouts and funny stories at times. You are so "COOL" :)

Bria said...

I couldn't have said that better myself! This past week has really made me look at my priorities and readjust as needed!

Maybe you need an computer person to help you with your scans. Now here would you find one of those who also happens to be a friend???????

becca said...

i like your thanksgiving tradition! sounds very nice and stress free. Enjoy it! Great pages too!!

Sue said...

Love the new layouts Val! Have a great Thanksgiving spending time with family :)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great layouts Valery!!! Happy holidays to you!
Lynda

Sheila said...

You write so beautifully! I thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings, I know you had a hard time this past week....I am glad we became friends, even though it's online! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Love your layouts, such a handsome young man!

janet said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Val!!! Going out to eat sounds like a great idea! Enjoy!
Love the layouts! I have to go over to the site you are on to check your work out! Have a wonderful weekend!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Happy Thanksgiving ! :)

Tina said...

I couldn't agree more as far as blessings go Valery. I love the layouts you did....Collin is getting SO big!