Here is a place where I will share my thoughts, scrapbook projects, and photos with those I care about most! Thanks for coming over for a visit and stop back often!!!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

What a GREAT night!!!

I had the best time last night scrapping (okay so I didn't really scrap THAT much!!) but I did talk, laugh, eat, and laugh ALOT! Over a year ago my good friend Becky Cates asked me if I would be interested in co-hosting a crop at her house....I said "YES!!!, would love to!" Well, it took us a while to get the timing right, but last night we hosted over 25 incredible women at her house! I have not laughed that much in one evening in a long time! It was AWESOME!!! We had a patriotic theme from our invitations to the decorations to the little project that we asked each scrapper to participate in. I made up little card bags with different "goodies" in them...and I use the word "goodies" loosely! They were not the best of products...they were very old and from my "never touch that stuff anymore stash". We asked each scrapper to create a card for someone in our Armed Forces so that we could collect them at the end of the night and send them out. Everyone was AMAZED at the cards created....they were fantastic!!!!! I am going to scan them and put them on my blog in another post.


So a huge thank you to everyone who was able to make it to our little event and an even bigger thank you to Becky for asking me to be a part of this!!!! What a great night!!!!!

Here are just a few of the pictures from the evening!!!

11 comments:

My name is Samantha said...

Yes is was a GREAT evening!!! A HUGE thank you to you, Becky and Amy for putting this together. It was great seeing customers from the store. The card challenge was great, and we have 24 patriot cards to send to the troops.

Thanks again
You guys are AWESOME, I am proud to call you friends!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun night we had! So glad I could come! Now we gotta do our little morning road trip SOON...and lunch....and Target....and...and...and....:)

Becky C said...

I had a wonderful time hosting such a great group of gals...hope to do it again sometime! Thanks for all of your help, Val! You're a wonderful friend! I couldn't have pulled it off without you and Amy!

Becky

Anonymous said...

Three big cheers to the (3) wonderful gals for the awesome party they planned for an evening of food, fun and some scrappin'!! :)

Thanks a bunch Becky for opening your home to have your friends come and have fun and visit! Oh yes, THANKS to your hubby, Becky for all his trips up and down the steps with scrapping stuff!

A great evening. Thanks girls for all you done!!
Clara

Bria said...

It was an awesome night! Huge thanks to Becky for opening her home to us, to both of you for planning it and for asking me to help and much applause to Becky's hubby Jim for putting up with all of us, for making outstanding meatballs and being the official toter of supplies down the stairs!

What a great night and can't wait to do it again!

Anonymous said...

HUGE thanks to you, Becky & Amy - I had a un time and it was great to see everyone!! So - since I had to leave early, which card won and who made it?? (I know it wasn't my ugly one!) :)

Thanks again!!!
~Amy~

Anonymous said...

Oops...that should say I had a FUN time! :)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

How fun Valery!!! Looks like you had a blast!!

Becky C said...

Amy...Sue Fields had the winning card. Do you remember it. She had ribbon "waving" on it like a flag...really cute!

Becky

becca said...

ooh sounds like a super great time!! i sure would have loved to have been there!! wow, so many people!! thats awesome!! the card idea is a great one! my brother in law is in the armed forces and is overseas right now... so that is such a great idea... oh and the halmark comment stamped on the back of the invites was AWESOME!!!!

Sue said...

I had a so much fun!! Thank you for all of your hard work putting things together. And the card contest was a great idea - loved the challenge of using only a few specified products! It was great to see everyone again!! Thanks to the Cates' for sharing their home with us and to Val and Amy for their help in the prep!! Had a ball :)