Here is a place where I will share my thoughts, scrapbook projects, and photos with those I care about most! Thanks for coming over for a visit and stop back often!!!

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pencils, folders, erasers, pens, highlighters.....oh MY!


"Awesome!!!" That is what my son said when I told him that tonight we were going shopping for school supplies! He is MY SON!!! I used to love to go get new folders, binders, ruled paper, pencils, erasers....etc!!! He told me when we were in the store tonight, "mom, this is the best! I love the first couple days of school...we get to organize our desks, get all of our books, and use all of our new school supplies!!" Love this kid!!! We made a night out of it and went to Target, dinner (his choice KFC), and then to finish at Walmart. We also talked about how when we get back from vacation we will label everything and get it organized in his new backpack! Makes me smile to think about how much he enjoys this! We had a great time together...it has become a ritual that we do together (dad has NO interest in school supplies...his loss according to both of us). Well, dad does pay for the supplies!


Hope you have had a good time getting your kiddos ready for another new year!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Val! Love that you and Collin enjoy the back to school shopping and how fun that you made a night of it :) I still can't believe it's that time already!! My grandsons start in 3 days....way too early I think. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

So cool that Collin loves the "getting ready for school" process! Great picture of all the necessary stash! :) I had bittersweet feelings last week taking Dave school shopping last week since this is his Senior year! *sigh* :)