Here is a place where I will share my thoughts, scrapbook projects, and photos with those I care about most! Thanks for coming over for a visit and stop back often!!!

Monday, July 30, 2007

A random thought...and A RAK Possibility for you!

Well, I am sad for one thing that school is looming in the near future! I couldn't believe that I got paperwork in the mail with school info on it! Yeeeegads....I am not ready for school, early mornings, making lunches, homework, and early bedtimes!!! I love the summer and the freedom that we have!!!!

We have had a wonderfully busy summer and the best is yet to come! We just booked our reservations to go to Gatlinburg, TN for 5 days in the middle of August right before school starts. Have you been there? Any suggestions of where we should go? We have only heard wonderful things about the county down there and I can't wait to soak it all up! Shall we take a guess at how many photos I will take? How about if I offer up a little RAK of scrapbooking supplies for the person that comes the closest to the actual number of photos that I will take. If you would like to guess to try to win the RAK, just leave a comment here in this post with your guess. I will give the RAK to the person who guesses the closest! What FUN!!!! Check out the picture below of the YUMMY RAK!!! Paper Crate paper, ribbon, Colorbok Cat's Eye Ink, buttons, Scenic Route Rub-ons, Daisy D's Rub-ons, and who could get a RAK without flowers!!!! So go ahead....post your guess! I will notify the winner via this blog on August 21st. Good Luck!

12 comments:

becca said...

Love this idea valery!!! cool goodies... hmm... 5 days, beautiful countryside, I am going to say, 324 pictures!

GingerC said...

Hmmm..I took over 340 in just 3 days in Vegas so I think you will take around 530.
Have a great time!

Sheila said...

Wonderful goodies!
I think I'll be alittle more conservative....276 pictures

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

I'm guessing 445. Just looked like a good number!

Have a great time!!

Dustanne said...

Awesome Rak lady
310 is sticking in my head

Becky said...

How big is your photo card/s??? I think you'll stop taking pictures when you have filled your cards! lol

My guess is 375. I would guess more, but I think you'll be caught up in all the fun you're having and just enjoy the hikes, scenery and family fun and not want to totally annoy your family!!!!

Have fun!

Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh this sounds like a fun trip. The last time I was in this interesting town...our son had his 13th B-day during spring break! We had tons of car problems and ended up staying an extra week for repairs. Not good to miss a week of school & work!
Anyway the number of photos you will take. How about 401. I love your Rak items!! :)
Clara

Tami said...

I will guess 500. Thats about how many I took on our vacation.

Tami - aka: baseballmom

Anonymous said...

You're so fun :) I'll say... 302.

Anonymous said...

First time I am ever doing something like this - really have no idea what I am supposed to do, so hope you get this:

Over 5 days in Gatlinburg -- I say you will take about 633 pictures. We have spent several vacations there and I never take fewer pictures, always more.

Be sure to stop by the Scrapbook Superstore in Pigeon Forge (and also their Clearance Center next door - HUGE).

And do NOT miss a side trip to Clingman's Dome (Highest point) especially at sunset. I have some of the most spectacular pictures I have ever taken - no filters, etc. Just a plain "old" digital camera.

The other two biggies with us and the kids were gem mining (old clothes, please!!!) and Dollywood. At DW you will definitely not want to miss family stops at all the different artists and artisans. Depending on what is going on while you are there they cover just about anything you can imagine in Mountain style arts. Lots of family shots there!

Other things the kids loved were the petting "zoo" farm, horseback riding, the go-carts and miniature golfing. Biggie for us was just driving through the mountains and stopping at all the different spots we found along the way. Spent time with some great people doing that!!

And, of course: Dixie Stampede Dinner Show, other shows, outlet shopping, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Ripley's, Aquarium, and every kind of specialty shop and gift/souvenir shop you can think of. Lots and lots for kids of all ages to do.

Guess I sound like Chamber rep, but we LOVE it there. Hope you have a great time. NOTE: Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are literally just down the road from each other. You end up going back and forth to do so many things.

Anonymous said...

what a neat idea - you will love "my State" it is beautiful - my daughter and niece went white water rafting somewhere in the area also - my guess for the photos is 144
have fun hope to see you soon

Bria said...

I'm going to guess 427. What a fun thing to do Valery! You rock!