Here is a place where I will share my thoughts, scrapbook projects, and photos with those I care about most! Thanks for coming over for a visit and stop back often!!!

Monday, July 16, 2007

So We All Fall Sometimes...

But yeah, I am talking about literally falling!!!! Let me set the stage for you... Our family decides to go to our local festival and they have all kinds of neat things to do. Collin decides to do the rock wall climbing, bouncy trampoline, and then he sees the helicopter ride. He says he wants to go and without hesitation, I say sure lets go check it out. Well, I didn't think it was that badly priced ($20 for 2 people) so I say let's do it! We wait in line for about 1/2 hour watching others come and go from the helicopter. Then finally it is our time....so the guy says "are you ready?" and then takes off running so Collin and I take off running towards the helicopter. I am thinking 'how exciting...I sure hope I don't trip and fall'. Then next thing I remember I am sprawled out like a pancake as I have fallen face first into the dry hard grass!!!!! I was in shock that I had just fallen and felt like I could not even get up! I was so embarrassed!!!!! Anyway, I got up and I had to keep running for the helicopter where I met my son and he is just looking at me. Of corse I am all right, just VERY embarrassed! It was hard to enjoy the ride, but I tried to force it out of my mind. When we landed, I didn't even want to get off and go back towards the crowd of people that had just witnessed my blunder, but I had to. Patrick (who stayed on the ground) told me that no one even saw me as they were all involved in their own conversations....I don't know if that is true, but it was nice of him to say that. We all had a good laugh over it later in the day!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way....at least Patrick didn't have the video camera going when you landed on your face! :) And you KNOW what I would have done.....I would have ran to you making sure you were okay, then I would have laughed til I wet myself. ;)

Peggy said...

I think this is so funny. I probably would have waited to see you were ok before laughing. Just be thankful none of your scrapping friends weren't with you with camera in hand and knowing this would make a perfect layout.

My name is Samantha said...

Sorry Val but I am reading this and cracking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You poor thing!!

becca said...

LOL, too funny Valery!! I fell in the fountain at Glenbrook once when I was 14, could be worse!! Great mental image of the whole thing tho! thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your tumble, but so funny too! You already know my falling story. :( Hey Val, just think about the extra weight we used to carry around...it would have given us extra padding, but harder to get up!!! Oops ........